Thursday 20 February 2014

Half term madness

Well half term is here in full swing and with 5 little people to entertain all under the ages of 7 can be pretty demanding and expensive. 

So as I'm a super organised mum ( yeah right) I took a nosey on the netmums website and search out the free or as cheap as possible things to do in my area. Always a go too for me every holidays. 


I'm very lucky where I live I'm in easy reach of library's and museums. 

I found a great afternoon for them.

Our local gallery had free arts & crafts and is connected to the library too so off we went to make paper fish and magnetic fishing rods which we turned into a game, I only had to pay parking of £1.80 I took snacks with us so was a super cheap day for me. 

Paper fish on the wall 

Staying at home is not always a option for me I feel like I'm climbing the walls the kids hate it too. So we donned our all in one water proof and welly blobs and went for a walk in the park splashing in the puddles and mud the kids love it. We spent a good few hours there again with my bag of snacks and drinks and a flask of tea for me. 


Another cheap day for us was the £1 cinema we went to see monster university it was an experience with a 1 year old crying but she was not the only one but maybe not one I want to repeat in a hurry. Again I took bag of snacks treats drinks stuffed into my bag for everyone. This cost me £6 for us all.


We may not have a lot of money this half term but we have had a lot of fun. 

If your ever stuck for things / ideas to do always take a look on netmums you can filter by area there's sure to be something on there for everyone. 

Enjoy the rest of half term 
L xx


No comments:

Post a Comment